Your shopping cart is currently empty. This is the topic Named: emptycarttext. You edit this in the ADMIN site.
1. How do I make the monthly payments?
After your initial payment, the monthly payment will be deducted from the credit card on file.
2. Can I send a check or pay cash?
Yes, you can send a check or pay cash, but please make sure it is in before the due date or your Credit or Debit Card will be charged. Your due date is printed on your Contract.
3. Is the instrument clean?
Yes, we evaluate each instrument and make sure it is cleaned, sanitized, play tested, and ready to rent.
4. What do I need to get started?
We offer a starter kit package that has everything you need to start your musical journey. What is in your starter kit depends on the instrument you choose.
5. Does my student need the accessories?
Yes. The starter package comes with all teacher recommend supplies that you will need to play and maintain the instrument on a day to day basis.
6. Do I get the cleaning deposit back?
No, the $17.00 deposit goes towards the cleaning, sanitization, and adjustment of the instrument upon return.
7. Do my rental payments apply towards purchase?
Yes, depending on the instrument and program your rental payment can apply towards purchase of a brand new instrument. Please see the purchase option FAQs for more details.
8. How do I return the instrument?
Just bring your rental instrument to any Bertrand's Music location. Once you return the instrument, your payments will stop.
9. What happens if the instrument is damaged, needs repair, or is stolen?
Our optional Peace of Mind maintenance program covers you against damage, repairs, and theft. If you opt into this program, we simply take care of it at no cost to you. There is no deductible, so you are guaranteed "total" peace of mind. If you decline the Peace of Mind maintenance program, you will be liable for all damage, repairs, or the full retail value of the instrument.
10. Do you rent quality instruments?
All of our instruments are quality student level instruments that are teacher approved. We carry all major manufacturers including Yamaha, Conn-Selmer, Jupiter, Pegasus and more.
11. Do you rent intermediate to professional instruments?
Yes, we have a step up rental program that offers higher level instruments with more advanced features. Learn More
12. What’s the easiest instrument to learn?
Each instrument has its own unique challenges. There are easy and difficult aspects of each instrument. The easiest instrument to learn is the one that the student wants to play the most, since they will be more willing to practice.
13. Do you offer a military discount?
There is no extra discount on the rental, but we do offer a 10% discount on all accessories and print music purchases.
14. Do you offer a multiple rental discount?
There is no extra discount on the rental, but if you are renting multiple instruments at the same time we will offer a Buy-One-Get-One-Free deal on the starter package (a $50-$80 value).
15. Can my student try out the instruments?
Yes, we have a Free Introduction to the Instruments program where you are able to touch, feel, and make a sound on the Flute, Clarinet, Alto Sax, Trumpet, Trombone, and Violin. Sign Up Here
16. Can I rent the instrument but have someone else make the rental payments?
The person who signs the contract takes full responsibility for the instrument. If another party wants to make a payment they can do so by contacting one of our sales associates.
17. Do you offer ACH bank withdrawal?
No, we currently accept credit and debit cards with the Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express logo.
18. Do you rent new instruments?
Yes, we have a premier rental that offers brand new options.
19. How much does it cost to switch instruments?
There is no charge to switch instruments. The only change in cost would be if there is a different monthly rental rate. Also, if you are switching there may be some specific accessories for that instrument.
20. Why should I rent instead of purchasing?
There are a lot of great reasons to rent at Bertrand’s Music:
- Low Commitment--you can return the instrument at any time.
- The money you pay in rent can be applied towards purchase of a brand new instrument.
- Free exchanges--if the student changes their mind, you can exchange for a different instrument. Or Iif you are renting a string instrument, there are different sizes, so you can exchange as they grow at no charge.
- We offer a Peace of Mind maintenance program that covers you if anything happens to the instrument.
- Often “cheap” instruments found online are not of good enough quality for a beginning band or orchestra student. At Bertrand’s Music we only rent quality teacher approved instruments. If it sounds too be good to be true, it probably is.